Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pinklace Designs | Fashion Redesign

A friend of mine was cleaning out her closet and came across this cute little leopard jacket her husband had given her as a gift a while ago. She told me she loved it but hated the puffy sleeves, so she never wore it.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 

Here is a picture of the jacket with the weird puffy sleeves. Not only were they weird, but they were at such an odd length. Not quite 3/4 and not quite full. It was the "jacket-you-grew-out-of-but-still-wear" length.

I took the jacket home, unstitched the sleeves and took them completely off. I played around with them, drew a few sketches, pinned different variations and then finally found something I liked!

And TaDa!! Here is what I came up with! 




I was so happy to rescue and refashion this jacket for my friend. The length of the sleeve fits her perfectly and now she can wear it all the time....just as she intended to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment