Monday, January 20, 2014

Nursery Progress pt. 1


Well today I spent all day sanding and priming the crib for the nursery. I'm super excited to be making everything more custom, but man it's a lot of work! That's what I get for wanting things that are different.


For a DIYer that has no patience, this project is very challenging for me. I scored this crib off of craigslist for $60. I liked the "bones", but not the color. I want it more of a cream color. (See my inspiration board in my previous post.)


We started sanding it on Saturday and quickly realized the varnish on it is a pain in the butt to sand off. We spent all afternoon sanding. I got one of the sides and hubby started on the "headboard" part. 

Today I finished the other two sides and started to prime them. (Yea I didn't want to tackle that headboard, I wanted to start painting!!) 


We still have a ways to go on this project, but slowly it will get done! I'm excited to share with you how I'm putting together the nursery and all the projects I will be tackling. Stay tuned for more nursery progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment